Finding Outside Help

Taking care of a survivor can be taxing for you as well.  Be sure to take care of yourself and ask for help if you need it.  You will be best able to support your loved one if your own needs are met.  If you don’t feel that the suggestions under self-care are providing you with enough help or you need someone to talk to, you may want to consider seeing a professional.  Here are some ways to find a therapist: 

  • Ask your insurance provider for a list of professionals covered under your insurance
  • Call your local university’s psychiatry, psychology or social work department and ask if they have recommendations of people trained at that institution or other low-cost community mental health resources that may be in your area
  • Ask your primary care physician
  • Ask friends and family members for recommendations
  • Check out websites such as:
  • The Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) has a list of rape crisis centers at that may be able to give help or connect you with a provider who can help.
Contact Us

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search